Through SA 16-7, An Act Concerning Senior Centers, the Commission on Women, Children and Seniors is legislatively mandated to convene a task force to study senior centers.
The task force shall examine:
(1) The resources and training needs of senior center personnel, municipal agents and other municipal employees to allow them to facilitate delivery of health and human services and related information;
(2) The most effective means to provide such resources and training;
(3) Current information delivery practices;
(4) Best practices in this state and other states for the delivery of such services and information;
(5) Barriers to access to information, and;
(6) Data on the cost of resources and staff provided by emergency medical services, municipal police departments and other entities to provide such health and human services and information in the calendar year 2015.
Senior Center Task Force Meeting Materials
May 10, 2017, Meeting Audio:
May 18, 2017, Meeting Audio:
Additional Meeting Materials:
Task Force Members:
Dianne Stone – Co-chair
Senator Douglas McCrory
Representative Daniel Rovero
Administrative Staff: Christy Kovel, Commission on Women, Children and Seniors
Research Coordinator: Joseph Huberman, Quinnipiac University
For questions about the Senior Center Task Force please contact Christy Kovel at Christy.Kovel@cga.ct.gov.